Mrs. Refsland's Resources
Student & Math Resources
40. NASA Education has several one minute videos answering questions students may have about space. Students are able to explore other STEM information as they navigate through many videos.
41. Chem4kids has videos of science experiments, graphics to explain chemical process, the periodic table and much more. Students may connect to Geography4kids.com too. http://chem4kids.com/
42. StudiesWeekly is a pay for interactive website aligned with the Common Core Curriculum Standards for science and social studies. Students either read the material by themselves or have the audio read the text to them. There are videos that explain the concept further, games and levels to keep the student engaged, and an assessment. https://www.studiesweekly.com/
43. Cambridge Learner’s Dictionary is a great resource for middle school students and English language learners as it has easy to understand definitions of words. Besides a dictionary it has grammar, explanations of idioms, translations from Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
44. Visual Fractions is a tutorial that uses number lines and/or circles to model the fractions. There are games that students play helping them to understand fractions visually to connect to the numerical expression of fractions. https://www.visualfractions.com/
45. Khan Academy covers all content areas of mathematics from pre-kindergarten to beginning college level with free instruction. Students learn while earning points and levels that motivates the student to persevere. https://www.khanacademy.org/math
46. Math Is Fun gives the definitions to new math words, and visuals that students can play around with for better understanding. This is good resource to increase students’ math vocabulary. It has five math content areas: algebra, data, geometry, measure, and numbers. https://www.mathsisfun.com
Looking for more resources? As a teacher, I would love to help.