Mrs. Refsland's Resources
Math Instruction Videos
5. Math Antics has dynamic videos mathematics instruction in the content areas of numeracy, geometry, and algebra. The videos capture the attention of 5th and 6th grade students. https://mathantics.com/
Math With Patti (That's Mrs. Refsland!)
6. Math With Patti are videos on youtube that I have created for the visual learner. The videos cover math content areas in algebraic reasoning; signed numbers; place value; ratios, fractions and percent; central tendency—averages; and rounding whole numbers. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqyMXTxH4u4j6O99EvaOlXg
7. Anyone can understand algebra and this video proves it. People use algorithms to solve problems without realizing they are actually solving algebraic expressions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_yxtxZCgC4&t=3s
8. Where did our numbering system come from anyway? This video has a crazy theory that hopefully helps the learner understand the system of base ten—place value. Number Sense: Place Value
9. A nine minute video that shows students the power of multiplying by ten and dividing by ten. Use this video to present exponential growth and/or to visual size.
Looking for more resources? As a teacher, I would love to help.